Lifeline is a federal program that helps eligible individuals pay for home telephone or broadband service. Eligible households can receive up to $9.25 per month in a Lifeline discount. A household applies for the discount through their service provider, such as Perry-Spencer Rural Telephone Cooperative Inc., d/b/a PSC Fiber.

PSC Lifeline services

Lifeline Assistance

PSC Fiber offers qualifying customers a voice or broadband Internet Lifeline discount.  Lifeline is a non-transferable, federal benefit that makes monthly voice or broadband Internet service more affordable.  The program is limited to one discount per household.  Eligible households may apply the monthly Lifeline discount to either broadband Internet service or voice service but not both.  To qualify for Lifeline discounts for broadband Internet services, the service you order from PSC Fiber must meet minimum service standards: Upload/download speeds of at least 25/3 Mbps and 1,228 GB of data per month.  Exceptions do apply in limited circumstances.  Lifeline customers also have the option to apply the discount to a service bundle, such as a home phone or home Internet.  The Lifeline voice service also includes toll blocking to qualifying customers without charge.  The current discount provided under PSC Fiber’s Lifeline service is $5.25 for voice service or $9.25 for broadband service per month for each month that the customer qualifies.


A household is eligible for the Lifeline discount if the customer’s annual household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.  You may also qualify for the Lifeline program if a customer, a dependent, or the customer’s household participates in one or more of the following programs:
  • Medicaid
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
  • Supplemental Security Income
  • Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
  • Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
For more information or to apply for the Lifeline discount, please contact PSC Fiber at 800-511-4899.  For more information about this federal benefit, please review the following link:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202)690-7442 or email at